What Personal Information About Customers Does VideoChat.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at VideoChat.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any
information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not
to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of
many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as
responding to your requests, customizing future visits for you, improving our services,
and communicating with you.
You provide most such information when you buy, or participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you purchase a product; join a site; provide information to customer support regarding an account (you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address, user name, or credit card when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; or complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone number; credit card information; e-mail addresses; birth date and content of e-mails to us.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store
certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many
Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your
Web browser accesses VideoChat.com. A number of companies offer utilities designed
to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Due to the sensitive issues involving
access to adult content by children, we do not permit access to our sites from
these anonymous services.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login name; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; purchase history; the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number; products you viewed; services you visited; your customer service history, and phone number used to call our 800 number.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from VideoChat.com. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, simply send email to email@example.com.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as "What's New".
- The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of VideoSecrets' coolest services, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does VideoChat.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only with the subsidiaries VideoChat.com, controls and as described below.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include processing credit card payments in real time, sending e-mail notifications or updates, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but they do not have our authorization to use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of VideoSecrets customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy sites or assets. In such transactions, customer information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that VideoSecrets, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of VideoChat.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of VideoChat.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last eight digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your account passwords and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Information Can I Access?
VideoChat.com gives you access to the following information about you for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This list will change as our Web site evolves.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the "What Information Can I Access?" section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please send email to email@example.com (If you do not want to receive Terms and Conditions and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of VideoChat.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- In addition, the Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own Web site, Site Seeing on the Internet http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/online/sitesee/index.html.
VideoChat.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We do not permit access to any of our sites or pages by individuals under the age of 18 years. If you are under 18, you may not use VideoChat.com or any of its affiliated sites or services. These pages are not intended to be viewed by minors. By entering, you certify that you are at least 18 years of age (or at least 21 in AL, ME, NE, and WY) and that adult material is allowed where you live. We cannot be held responsible for your actions. We are not in any way sending you this material, you are choosing to receive it! If you are a parent and you want to block this site, please contact one of the following:
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit VideoChat.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms and Conditions, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of California. If you have any concern about privacy at VideoChat.com, please send us a thorough description to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly. This Notice and the Terms and Conditions will change also, and use of information that we gather now is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes.
If you do not wish to receive emails about our service please use one of the following means to remove yourself. We certainly do not wish to market to anyone who doesn't want it!
|Toll Free:||1-800-685-9236 (USA only)|
VS Media Inc.
26500 W. Agoura Rd.
Calabasas, CA 91302